Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Shrewsbury Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mrs Foxall
Town_Walls
Posted: Dec 11 2006, 08:57 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

I reckon the ghost of Mrs Foxall, the husband-murdering wife who met a fiery end in the Dingle in 1647, is probably my nearest haunting (although the various apparitions that Derek Acorah apparently communicated with around Milk Street last year may well be as close, and the many terrifying manifestations that manifest themselves in the abandoned kitchens on the 18th floor of WH Smith are not too far away).

Now, to my sophisticated, ice-cool analytical, conspiracy-seeking mind, it does rather sound like a Victorian tale made up to keep filthy urchins, vagrants and rapscallions out of the Dingle (and the Quarry) at night. Does anyone know when Mrs Foxall last put in an appearance?

--------------------
Now on tour
s.g.d.
Posted: Dec 11 2006, 09:14 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Town_Walls @ Dec 11 2006, 08:57 PM)
I reckon the ghost of Mrs Foxall, the husband-murdering wife who met a fiery end in the Dingle in 1647, is probably my nearest haunting (although the various apparitions that Derek Acorah apparently communicated with around Milk Street last year may well be as close, and the many terrifying manifestations that manifest themselves in the abandoned kitchens on the 18th floor of WH Smith are not too far away).

Now, to my sophisticated, ice-cool analytical, conspiracy-seeking mind, it does rather sound like a Victorian tale made up to keep filthy urchins, vagrants and rapscallions out of the Dingle (and the Quarry) at night. Does anyone know when Mrs Foxall last put in an appearance?

I once spoke to a girl about ghosts,and she told me that her mum saw the ghost of an old woman outside the Dingle when she was little.(1950's ish)

I said that there was supposed to be the ghost of a witch that haunts there but neither the girl nor her mum had ever heard of the story.

s.g.d.

--------------------
the peoples republic of shropshire
kateharris
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 10:38 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 838

there are supposed to be sightings of things in the cellars of the businesses along the bottom of wyle cop. apparently the owners of the businesses such as petes clip joint, private lines and the lion(i think) have tried to take pictures in the dark in their cellars when there appears to be nothing really there but on the pictures you can see small light blobs and if you zoom in on these they look like faces, some even with glasses etc on!!
they have wondered if it is due to building across the road which was an old burial ground and the ghosts being disturbed..... blink.gif
Town_Walls
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 10:30 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

QUOTE (kateharris @ Mar 27 2007, 10:38 AM)
there are supposed to be sightings of things in the cellars of the businesses along the bottom of wyle cop. apparently the owners of the businesses such as petes clip joint, private lines and the lion(i think) have tried to take pictures in the dark in their cellars when there appears to be nothing really there but on the pictures you can see small light blobs and if you zoom in on these they look like faces, some even with glasses etc on!!
they have wondered if it is due to building across the road which was an old burial ground and the ghosts being disturbed..... blink.gif

To be honest, I would be more surprised to hear that there's a building on the Cop without at least one of a poltergeist, dramatic temperature drops, a painting hidden in a cupboard, mysterious floating orbs, headless horsemen, monks in shrouds, quantities of ectoplasm or other paranormal goings on.

--------------------
Now on tour
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive